Orthotics are foot supports designed to fit your feet more efficiently into your shoes, to balance your body and provide long term relief from pain.
We sell two types of orthotics:
Orthotic inserts are custom fitted to your feet and may be transferred between your shoes. They are designed to be very durable.
Orthotic shoes look like regular shoes on the outside – but have arch support on the inside.
Some facts you may like to know about orthotics include:
- Are scientifically designed to position the bones, ligaments, muscle and tendons of the foot and restore optimal alignments
- Can help regain flexibility and range of the foot and ankle.
- Custom-fitting corrective orthotics are proven as one of the most effective orthopedic devices for treatment of many common foot pains and issues.
Give us a call at: (808) 488-3338
Come in today to see our selection of custom fit orthotics, as well as shoes with built in arch supports
Common reasons our customers use orthotics include relief from:
- Arch and heel pain (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Lower leg tendonitis ( problem with the Achilles and posterior tibial tendon, and “shin splints”)
- General foot, knee or back pain
Our custom orthotics are not “one size fits all”. Through our foot and pain analysis, our arch consultants show you the right orthotics for your feet.
Give us a call at (808) 488-3338 or come in today to see our selection of custom fit orthotics, as well as shoes with built in arch supports
When you come in, we’ll ask you to remove your shoes
Our certified arch consultants will measure and analyze your feet
- Where the weight currently falls on your feet
- The specific way your feet act in different activities in your life
- How your body is currently aligned
- How to properly support your arches, and whether orthotics is the right choice for you
Call us today at: (808) 488-3338
We’ll provide you a free foot analysis and consultation, and there is no obligation to purchase any orthotics.
If your feet, back of knees hurt, you deserve to know what your options are.
Call us today.
Pearl Kai Shopping Center
98-199 Kamehameha Highway
Aiea, HI 96701
Open 7 Days a Week:
10 AM – 4 PM
“I was having major foot problems in the ball of my foot. Shooting pains and it felt like I was walking on a rock all the time.
[…] As soon as I walked in I was greeted and helped.
They sat me down and took a print of my foot.
They showed me exactly where my problems were and told me why.
They then showed me shoes slippers and orthotics that all felt so good and helped me walk again.
I bought shoes and orthotics the first time then went back and bought the slippers. My foot problems were gone in about 5 days and I continue to wear everything.
The staff is amazing and knowledgeable and do not pressure you to buy! I have recommended to all my friends! I have even started running again! Check them out and don’t waste your money ( or time) elsewhere!”
– Billy S. Kapolei, HI
“My orthopod told me that I had really flat feet (news to me!) and should look at inserts while I wait for my surgery.
The service I received at Step Ahead was terrific.
[Patricia] taught me a lot, demonstrated that I really do have no arches at all, had a sense of humor, did not push me to buy anything.
I bought two dress sandals and one pair of walking shoes.
If you read the instructions, you learn to wear them only a couple of hours per day and work your way up.
My calves ached like h..ll at first, but now I really look forward to putting these shoes on.”
– Pamela B., Honolulu, HI